Baby Summit 2015

#thebabysummit #babyexpo #foreverlearning

July 31st - August 3rd 2015 saw the inaugural Baby Summit event take place at the Twin Towns Conference Centre in Tweed Heads, literally just over the NSW border (you can see the welcome to NSW sign outside the motel) thought they choose to remain on QLD time during daylight saving??
Must be a confusing time living in this area during that season.

Anyway, Gold Coast (close enough) is such a beautiful place, problem was there was no time, unless you chose to arise at 6am, for its beauty to be explored. In retrospect I should have stayed an extra day, but then again I am soooooo tired I probably would have slept and wasted it anyway.

Overall the weather was perfect, the speakers at the event were a lovely bunch of approachable and inspirational people, and I definitely took home some ideas and inspiration. Sometimes it is just good to be around other photographers! We spend so much time alone, in our own little editing world, we don't get to talk to others in our same industry very often. That was special.

I took the Canon down for a run, though mainly used it for sunset shots outside at the end of the day, as it was awesome, and the iPhone sufficed for the many selfies with other photographers/speakers.
Instagram got slammed with baby summit pics, mainly selfies, but that's all good.

This is view from my balcony window. I stayed in the motel itself, which was very convenient, especially with the stumbling home after the social events.


Twin Towns is the circular building behind the two big structures here right on the beach


The Gold Coast CBD on the horizon


The main reason I went to this summit was to listen and learn form the birth photographers. There were two awesome ladies presenting : Cassie Emmett from N.Z and Victoria Berekmeri from Adelaide.
http://www.capturinglife.co.nz
and
www.adelaidebirthphotographer.com.au
respectively.


Heres a challenge for you...watch this video on Cassie's website "the emotional birth of Ashton" without crying...I bet you can't!! (link is below) I have watched this 3 times now, cry every time! There is something about men getting emotional that just gets me, every single time! These images are simply beautiful. Cassie is absolutely fantastic to capture this emotion. Love it.
http://www.capturinglife.co.nz/#!video-reel/c1ejk



Other speakers were Melanie Kellermann, Erin Hoskins, Kristen Cook, Rachel Vanoven, and Garrett Hollis. All the ladies spoke about baby photography, posing and business sense, with Garrett giving some very valuable advice regarding websites and blogs. I think he made me do the most writing!!





This is where we spent most of our time, 3rd and 5th floors of this round building on the left.



Well I'm off for a sleep, yes I know its only 11am, but I am feeling dizzy. I probably won't be able to get to sleep as I have so much to do and a shoot tomorrow, to get ready for, but I have that Homer Simpson look about my eyes, you know that half closed look.

Many hugs and kisses to Kelly Brown, her hubby Rob, and all her amazing assistants that helped out continuously throughout the event, they were all brilliant!!! Hopefully they're all getting a well deserved sleep in today!






Comments

Popular Posts