Rodeo comes to town - bulls, dust and cowboys

Rodeos are not really my thing but have always wanted to photograph the action in the late afternoon light and dust.

July 2018

#mareebarodeo #mareebarodeo2018 #rodeophotography #actionphotography


I love to change up the pace very now and then and decided to visit the local rodeo a few weeks back.
I was looking for images shot in the last hour of sunlight, the warm winter sun highlighting the manes of the horses, outlining cowboy hats and stirred up dust giving a yellowish brown haze.

Most of these shot at 1/1000th sec f5.6 with a 70-200 with a 2x adaptor.

I have a heap of more but won't bore you too much, just a chosen few here with what I was trying to achieve.
And I got chosen for being a bulls target at one point as he roamed the arena looking for the exit, that was a bit exciting !!!

Needless to say, my camera was filthy after this and needed a good clean.
























Comments

Popular Posts