Lake Tekapo, South Island, N.Z



April 23rd
Day one we finished up at Lake Tekapo with the afternoon free to explore the lake and its surrounds.
The Church of the Good Shephard is one of those places that is extremely rare to get a photo of without  a dozen people standing in front of it. It was very frustrating.
Every minute or so (and this is not exaggerating) a busload of people would turn up. I didn't find it that appealing except that it has one of the most beautiful views in N.Z.






I am not used to wearing shoes, so a full day in boots was torture for my feet.
I let them soak for a bit in the lake, which was only a couple of degrees, brrrrr.
This duck kept swimming by checking out what I was up to, I think she was eyeing off my toes!




Waiting for the sun to set







That night we tripped up to Mt John Observatory, it was fairly overcast so they let us take some shots of the moon by attaching our cameras to the telescope.


Taken at around 10pm, other huge telescopes in the background.



Comments

Popular Posts