Day 7 - Singapore

Zip-Lining and yep, more temples

Took the kids to Forrest Adventure Zip lines over at Bedok Reservoir this morning. My 13 year old did around half the course and myself and my 15 year old completed the course, though it took us nearly 3 hours. Tip: take water bottle that you can attach to your harness. I have done this sort of thing recently before so I kind of knew what to expect. It wasn't easy and I was very proud to have completed it, being as ancient and unfit as I am....but we got there. All up there were 5 zip lines which were great fun, one of them is much shorter but very steep and slams you into a climbing net and onto the next obstacle. The other zips were over the dam (which was full of small turtles) and each one ended with A HUGE PILE of sand to slow you down. I was very sandy by the end. Hard work but great exercise.

Zip Adventure - training course, the main course is much higher.





That afternoon the kids collapsed then went for a swim.
I grabbed the camera and headed for yet some more temples that I had seen on the drive out this morning.

Sri Thandayuthapani Temple (there were chooks here, pecking about)



Then what I though was another temple but simply an ornate entrance to some apartments


Hong San See Temple




I tried a Singapore Sling at dinner and did another river cruise on my own from Clarke Quay and back. The Sling maybe made it so much better.




Comments

Popular Posts