Does your CREATIVENESS keep you awake at night?

Where is the off switch? I NEED to get some sleep!!!



April 2018
#creatives #photographers

I don't believe I am the only one with this "problem". 
Believing it is no longer a problem, I now see it as a positive thing. This is usually where ideas come from, some brilliant, some not so, but the days are so full of other things, the brain doesn't really have the time or space to think about new things.

Nights where these ideas are constantly rolling around, I just give into it, roll over and grab the nearest thing to write on (or type into if its the phone) and get it down on paper. Its usually just a scramble of words. The next morning it either gets thrown out or put it in the "to act upon" book. If it makes it to the book, then usually some action will happen over time. Usually once its written down the brain can then turn off and be semi satisfied that the idea won't be lost and the zeds start buzzing. 



Most photographers are creative. We are mostly from an artistic background. Whether its drawing, creative writing, painting, sculpting, we were attracted to photography as another way of expressing ourselves.  
We are always pushing ourselves to get better, but more so..more creative! After all its the creative side that makes us stand out. 


This week I decided I was going to pick a lens, yep just the one (I KNOW it's going to be tricky for me right!) and use just that one lens on a personal project for that week or fortnight, whatever I can fit in. I have 7 lenses. 
So far I've done none, but my lens of choice is the tilt shift. It will make me get out those lenses I don't use very often and see what I can come up with. 

A pic from the tilt shift I did a while ago...
A tilt-shift lens has the ability to allow the user to tilt or shift the focal plane so the focus is not limited to being just perpendicular to the lens.









Comments

Popular Posts